Elcometer 121/4 Standard & Top Paint Inspection Gauges.
The Elcometer 121 Paint Inspection Gauge (P.I.G.) measures the paint thickness of single and/or multiple layers of paint coatings.
Can be used in accordance with: ISO 2808-5B, 6B, ISO 16276-2, ISO 2409, AS 1580.108.2, AS 1580.408.4, AS 3894.9, ASTM D 3359-B, ASTM D 4138-A,, BS 3900-C5-5B, DIN 50986, ECCA T6 NF T30-123, EN 13523-6, NF T30-038.
Elcometer are world leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of inspection equipment for coatings and concrete.
Digital Paint Coat Inspection Gauges:
Destructive coating thickness gauge used to measure multi-layer coatings. Perform hardness and cross-hatch adhesion tests with a single gauge – top unit only Elcometer 121/4 Standard & Top Paint Thickness Gauges can be used on single or multiple coats on virtually all substrates, including wood, plastics, metals, etc.
The Elcometer 121/4 Coating Inspection Gauges are hand-held that offers a quick, versatile method of coating examination and measurement in a portable, easy-to-use format.
The Paint Inspection Gauge is available in two versions, Standard and Top: • Standard gauges can be used for microscopic coating examination and destructive measurement of coating thickness. • Top gauges have the same functionality as standard gauges and can also be used for cross-hatch adhesion testing using optional tools.
Both P.I.G. models are supplied with illuminated integrated graticule microscopes.
The Paint Inspection Gauge Top model has an internal carousel allowing each of the three cutters to be selected easily together with a cross hatch adhesion tester.
• Compact and convenient, ideal for paint thickness measurement in confined areas
• Made of anodised aluminium for durability
• Bright LED light source for clear vision
• Top Model can hold one cross hatch cutter & three standard cutters which are locked tight, a simple rotation of the cutter holder changes the cutting tool.
Features of Elcometer 121/4 Standard & Top Paint Inspection Gauge.
• Lightweight and durable – anodised aluminium construction.
• [STANDARD] The gauge holds a single cutting tool with built-in storage for 3 cutting tools.
• [TOP] Cutting tools are mounted on a rotary tool holder within the body of the gauge, allowing rapid change from one test to the next.
• [TOP] The tool holder accommodates three cutting tools plus an optional cross-hatch cutting tool.
• Built-in 50x microscope with rotatable graticule scale.
• Bright white LED light – ensures clear vision through the microscope.
• Small size – facilitates use of the gauge in confined areas.
Features of Paint Thickness Gauges.
MEASURING FILM THICKNESS
MEASURING MULTI-LAYER COATINGS
POOR ADHESION (GIVES THE ILLUSION OF TOO LITTLE FILM THICKNESS)
[TOP] MEASURING CROSS-CUT ADHESION