Torch-On Sale is over!
Has Your Supplier run out of Torch-On? Call 021 910 0134.
Torch-On Sale is over!
Torch-on pre-fabricated waterproofing membrane made of distilled bitumen and plastomeric polymers (APP) having a woven non woven single strand composite polyester reinforcement, which provide the membrane with good mechanical characteristics and excellent dimensional stability.
Torch-on Methods of application:
For the application of the membrane the use of heat is generally used by means of a gas torch or specific hot air machine. Use protective devices required by law. The application by heat is not suggested when on heat sensitive materials (polystyrene insulation).
• Coordinate the operations in a way to not cause damage to the construction elements and underground structure. Avoid to leave the structure for the night or for periods of prolonged work interruptions without having been properly sealed.
• The application surface must not have depressions, to avoid the ponding of rain water and must have a sufficient slope to guarantee a regular run off of rain. Normally this is obtained with a slope of 1.5%.
• The water drainage spouts should be sufficiently big enough to allow for rain water to be eliminated in an efficient way.
• Prepare cementitious substrates, including verticals and details, with a bituminous primer either by brush or airless, approx. 300/400 gr/m2.
• Allow this preparation layer to dry before proceeding with any other operation.
• With prefabricated constructions, apply a suitable reinforcing strip along all joints. In the presence of construction joints, prefabricated panels or metal decks, suitable expansion joints are to be considered.
The membranes must be applied to the substrate fully bonded. In any case, when in the proximity of the head laps, the membrane must be applied for at least 100 cm; furthermore all details, perimeters, verticals, change of slope as well as projecting area must be fully bonded.
For further information and news it is recommended to consult the PLUVITEC technical literature; our Technical Office is always available to evaluate particular problems and to provide the necessary assistance to best apply our waterproofing membranes.