LIMEWASH (Kalk/bluskalk) is an environmentally friendly, lime-based paint which slowly weathers and ages. Patchiness, streaking and uneven colouring develop during the twelve to eighteen month curing period.
For more information on pricing and application for Limewash Bluskalk contact our experience sales team on 021 910 0134 or by email here.
Limewash is typically used on Historic Buildings, old Farmsteads, Heritage Buildings of Typical Cape Dutch Architecture.
It is used by Architects that are involved in Heritage projects, old farmsteads that still use limewash to paint their buildings, Asset owners such as Government who own Historic Buildings of significance. This also includes University’s Heritage Buildings such UCT and Stellenbosch, old homesteads such as Boschendal, Leeuwenhof and many older Wineries and farms.
Limewash Tint and Pigment:
Lime wash Pigment is a Glycol-Free Stainer that Midas Paints Tygervalley uses to tint the Limewash and all other Enviro products.
The process of ordering a colour in Limewash is as follows:
- Place the order with the experienced sales department.
- Sales will create a sales order to the specified colour to Midas Paints in-house colour department.
- Our experienced in-house colour mixers/matchers will plunge the Limewash first before dispensing the formulation.
- After formulation is dispensed the colour mixer/matcher will plunge the Limewash again and this process will be repeated until the colour mixers/matcher is satisfied that the colour matched.
- Only Pastel & Medium colours can be tinted
Midas Paints Tygervalley does paint mixing on site.
For preparation, application, clean-up and spread rate of Limewash Bluskalk please click https://midaspaintstygervalley.co.za/limewash/
Read more on LIMEWASH (Kalk/bluskalk) https://midaspaintstygervalley.co.za/limewash/